Links to previous and next topic in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
enricosavazzi
Propeller Head

Links to previous and next topic in TOC

Post by enricosavazzi »

I may be missing the obvious, but I did not find an automated way to do the following in Flare:

I would like to have two buttons or links, repeated at the top and at the bottom of each topic, to navigate to the previous and next topics (in the order specified in the TOC). This is often seen in web-based and CHM (HTML Help in Flare parlance) documentation. Of course I can do this manually, but it is a lot of work and must be redone when changing the TOC.

Just to clarify, the above is not the same as breadcrumbs or mini-TOC (which I am already using, and intend to keep in addition to the above buttons). I want the buttons just to navigate to the previous or next topics, regardless of their TOC level nesting (just as I would move to the previous or next page of a book) and without having to locate the previous or next topic in the TOC pane at the left of the window.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Links to previous and next topic in TOC

Post by LTinker68 »

A lot of people have requested something similar, but it's not currently available. Make sure you submit a request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. The more people who request it the more likely it'll be added sooner rather than later.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.