Page down/up behaviour erratic

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Andrew Heard
Sr. Propeller Head

Page down/up behaviour erratic

Post by Andrew Heard »

Hi

Anyone getting unexpected behaviour using the Page Down and Page Up keys in the XML editor?

Page Down and Page Up do not work properly in a large table - they scroll to the bottom and top of the table respectively, even though the table spans several page scrolls in the editor.

Mildly annoying having to use the mouse scroll wheel, Down arrow or scroll bar when you are schooled to use the page scroll keys.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Page down/up behaviour erratic

Post by LTinker68 »

At a guess, I'd say it's because there are just a few lines of code that make up the actual page. So when you press Page Down, you're not going all that far, as far as the topic code is concerned. Especially since the code in the topic doesn't word wrap like it does in other website editors, like Dreamweaver.

But submit a bug report/feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Andrew Heard
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Andrew Heard »

Actually it looks like a page-specific problem. I prepared a new example for support, same nested tables - that, of course, behaved itself - page scroll as you'd expect.

The problem page was converted from RoboHelp X5. Something in the code structure, I suspect. Will have to live with it for now.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
Pernice
Propeller Head

Post by Pernice »

Does anyone have this page up/down bug when using Flare on Windows 10?

I've been living with this bug (have reported it too) for six years. But I've always been running on Windows 7.

What's interesting is that I discovered last week that if I use my Dell laptop at home (which has Windows 10, but I think that's irrelevant), to remote desktop to my Win 7 machine at work, then press Fn+Up or Fn+Down on the laptop, the XML Editor pages up and down beautifully. Sadly, there is no Fn button on a desktop keyboard. But it shows that page up/down can work normally. I was just wondering/hoping that Page Up/Down might be fixed 'properly' (ie with normal keyboards) in Win 10.