update my palette

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Benboy
Jr. Propeller Head

update my palette

Post by Benboy »

Hi All,

I want to update my capture palette as the images bubbles callouts etc are all a bit... 1990...

I read the 'help' and may have missed something but when i add an image I would like to add to my palette i do not have the option to 'add to palette'. I only seem to be able to add object i create within capture... :(

I tried adding a .png image into capture and then right clicking to add to palette into the new palette i created but it doesnt work... guidance please. :)

I am sure this is a newbie issue... and the solution is simple, please could someone patiently explain how i create and add images to my palette, maybe created in another tool such as Photoshop or paint.net or gimp.

EDIT by moderator: I merged the content of your two posts awaiting moderation, given they were essentially duplicates.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: update my palette

Post by SteveS »

Hi Ben, welcome to the forums! :D

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong. I tried it and the process worked for me.

To recap:
1. Open the palette pane by clicking Palettes from the Tools group on the View tab.

2. If necessary, create a new palette by clicking Create a new palette.

3. Select your palette from the Palette: list at the top of the pane.

4. Create your object by clicking Objects from the Tools group on the Objects tab.

5. Select the object you want.

6. Draw it on the image.

7. Press F4 to open Properties.

8. Edit the properties.

9. Right click the object and select Add to Palette from the context menu.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.