Text without bubbles

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
olle
Propeller Head

Text without bubbles

Post by olle »

Is it possible to add only the text without these bubbles?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Text without bubbles

Post by Nita Beck »

Rather than use a bubble object, how about using a text rectangle object? You can make the text white, make the background transparent, and set the line width of the border to 0.

(SIDEBAR: I vaguely recall that others have reported issues about transparent backgrounds somehow distorting/pixelating the text... I can't say that I've seen that myself.)

I experimented a little with a bubble object and could get to approximately the same result. Made the border 0, made the background transparent, turned off the shadow, removed the rounded corners, and experimented with the settings and length of the pointer until I had effectively hidden it. (But the pointer reappeared if I resized the bubble.) I concluded that using a text rectangle object is easier.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
olle
Propeller Head

Post by olle »

Nita Beck wrote:Rather than use a bubble object, how about using a text rectangle object? You can make the text white, make the background transparent, and set the line width of the border to 0.

HTH
Thank You! I tried with a rectangle object but struggle to set the background to transparent. I can't find this setting!?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

From the Background list, select Solid. Then, for the starting color, select transparent. And you don't need an ending color because you've selected Solid.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!