How do I remove highlighting from an original image?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

How do I remove highlighting from an original image?

Post by ktbCA57 »

I was given an image that already had highlights in it. There is no .props file for it - it's just a png file sent to me by someone else. I have been told it's easy to remove this highlight stuff in Capture, but I'm not finding anything but erase, which takes out everything - not just the highlight. HELP!

(I'm attaching an example of the highlighting I need to remove)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ktbCA57 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Hos do I remove highlighting from an original image?

Post by Nita Beck »

You'll need the .props file, as that is where the highlighting object is that you want to remove. Otherwise, the .png is just a "flat" file, without the object layer. I can't recall if Capture has a "fill" function, but I think not. You could use another editing tool such as SnagIf to "fill" in the highlighted area with white. That said, the color the circle question mark won't be right.

I'd go back to the person who gave you the .png and ask them to dig up the .props file. If it really doesn't exist anywhere, then my next step would be to reshoot the image so that I do end up with a .props file.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How do I remove highlighting from an original image?

Post by ktbCA57 »

ok... that's exactly what I thought... darn... this image was not created via Capture...

Thank you so much for your response... I guess I have to do it the old way... Thanks again!