Recapture Doesn't Capture Mouse Cursor

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
nstorey
Propeller Head

Recapture Doesn't Capture Mouse Cursor

Post by nstorey »

Is there any way to utilize the "Recapture" feature and still get a screen capture that includes the mouse cursor and/or drop down menus?
Currently, it appears as if I will only be able to "re"capture a very basic snapshot of my web app because I have to use my mouse to click "ok" or "cancel" for the recapture, which results in my cursor and drop down menu no longer displaying upon screen capture.
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Re: Recapture Doesn't Capture Mouse Cursor

Post by Andrew »

The option you want is to "restore last capture" (by default, the F11 shortcut key). That will not get your mouse cursor, but it can get *most* effects (I haven't had much luck with tooltips, but otherwise it seems to work). To get a mouse cursor to appear, you must insert the cursor post-process (use the button on the UI that looks like an arrow). You can then style the arrow as necessary by selecting it and pressing F4.
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Steveman »

Not sure if this will help but you can go Tools > Options > Capture and select to include the mouse cursor and more importantly set a delay for the capture so that you have time to open any dropdowns and position the cursor ready for the picture to be taken.
Carp diem - Seize the fish
nstorey
Propeller Head

Post by nstorey »

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately, the countdown feature doesn't apply to the recapture functionality... unless I am doing something else wrong (which is likely). I do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me with this issue.

Thank you!
Nancy
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Steveman »

Works for me. I have the timer set by default. Select "restore last capture region" and the timer works every time.
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Steveman »

Although to be fair I did just check and it doesn't incude the mouse cursor, which was your original problem. I was looking at it more from the dropdown lists displaying or hyperlinks showing as selected. In which case, ignore me and go with what everyone else says :oops:
nstorey
Propeller Head

Post by nstorey »

No worries. I appreciate you trying to help me out.

The other feature provided by Capture that I originally had difficulties with is the recapture feature available off the File Menu (File/Recapture).

Somehow the location of the screen originally captured, as well as its size, are stored in the original captured image (maybe in the props file?). When you select File/Recapture (not capture last region) it is supposed to take a snapshot of that same screen so you don't have to replace all of the text boxes; etc. you may have added to the picture... This feature is basically useless... I don't ever have my screens open in the same location and they are rarely the same size... there is also no way to use the delay timer so you can't get any dropdowns or mouse cursors...

I did get confirmation that this is a bug but I haven't heard whether or not it will make any future releases.
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Post by Andrew »

The cadence for Capture is pretty slow at this point -- they got from 1 to 5 pretty quickly, and now they have a reasonably robust solution (though not as featureful as some other screen cap programs), so they appear to have cooled off the iterations. At least, that seems to be the case.
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0