Capture and Windows 7 64-bit

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Sumabokemo
Jr. Propeller Head

Capture and Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Sumabokemo »

I'm having an issue with Windows 7 64-bit. I open Capture and now it is on my task bar. But, when I click on the icon in the task bar to go back to it, it tries to open another instance of Capture resulting in errors saying that my hotkeys have already been assigned (of course - by the already running instance of Capture).

This is way annoying--is there a fix for this?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Capture and Windows 7 64-bit

Post by RamonS »

Yes, you could unpin the application from the taskbar that used to be the task bar. If you unpin the app from the bar then you will end up with an old style (and working) task bar button that refers to the currently running instance. Right-click on the task bar button and select "Unpin this program from the taskbar". Pinning anything to the taskbar makes the taskbar less usable, it was one of the stupid ideas Microsoft came up to justify calling a Vista dot release "Windows 7".
And while you are at it, take a look at Classic Shell. That fixes many other UI design flaws that Microsoft introduced. And if you need a file explorer that works (unlike the one that comes with Windows) take a look at xplorer2. With that in place W7 becomes somewhat usable.