Can't Capture from an application

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
RobWilli
Jr. Propeller Head

Can't Capture from an application

Post by RobWilli »

I can not capture anything from one particular application (that is in-house). I can capture from all other apps. Does anyone know what the issue may be with the application or if there is a work around within Capture?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can't Capture from an application

Post by RamonS »

We'd need to know more about that specific applications, such as if it is .NET based, a web app, gets delivered via Terminal Services or Citrix....
And then also what you get as capture and what you expect to get. I assume you end up with something, but that it isn't the capture you want.
Telemarker
Propeller Head

Post by Telemarker »

I don't have an answer but perhaps another area to look at... I'm using Capture for the first time in a while (we don't have many screen shots in our user manuals), and I came across the same problem when using the Capture Application item. Capture was capable of grabbing all other applications except our windows based ERP application. It's a standard windows app, used at over 800 of our customers (i.e. not just an in-house app).
I get the following error message: "Failed to run command. Exception: Parameter is not valid".
Any ideas?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

No, your best bet is to contact MadCap support.