Can't find basic editing tools

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
RiverMonster
Sr. Propeller Head

Can't find basic editing tools

Post by RiverMonster »

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've used Capture and I'm having a hard time finding some basic editing tools. I am looking for the following:
i. A way to erase a selected area leaving it as a preconfigured background color
ii. A way to copy a selected area and paste it to another part of the image.

Right now I am doing i by adding a borderless rectangle over the bit I want erased and I am doing ii by opening a copy of the image in Paint, capturing the region I want and pasting that region back onto the image in Capture. I get the feeling I must be missing something.

Cheers,

Adrian
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Re: Can't find basic editing tools

Post by Andrew »

I think you're doing about the best can be done with Capture for removing an area of a screen cap that is not along an entire border (which you could remove using the crop feature). This is a hole in Capture's functionality. It's not something I commonly need, so I simply do a direct edit in something like Paint.
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0
RiverMonster
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by RiverMonster »

Thanks Andrew.

I'll put in an enhancement request. Regarding the ability to copy/paste a selected area the functionality "nearly" exists using the "Capture region" command, if only it would not hide Capture before showing the selection cross hairs, so maybe it would not be much work for MadCap to add a "Capture region within Capture" command to that menu or an option to toggle the hiding of Capture on/off.

Cheers,

Adrian
schultza
Propeller Head

Post by schultza »

Adrian - Did you end up submitting an enhancement request? I'm at version 5.0.0 and it appears these simple editing capabilities are still missing. :-(
RiverMonster
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by RiverMonster »

Adrian - Did you end up submitting an enhancement request? I'm at version 5.0.0 and it appears these simple editing capabilities are still missing.
I did. Actually, my comments were related to V5. I encourage you and anyone else who would like better editing tools in Capture to submit an enhancement request for this too...strength of numbers :D

Adrian