Crop behavior change from Capture 5 to 6

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
markmetcalfemm
Propeller Head

Crop behavior change from Capture 5 to 6

Post by markmetcalfemm »

Cropping in Capture v5 would rubber-band a crop area and let me adjust the edges with anchors before setting the crop. This was particularly useful for delicate cropping, and 1 pixel can make the difference between a clean crop and a poor one.

In Capture v6, I have to rubber-band the crop area successfully to the pixel on the first try because letting the rubber band go crops the image. I find this very difficult and have to rework a cropped image a number of times.

I looked in the Help for this behavioral change and to see if there is a toggle somewhere to get the former behavior back. Anyone find one, or is it the "new and [not-so-]improved" behavior?

Mark
alaltenburg
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Crop behavior change from Capture 5 to 6

Post by alaltenburg »

Can you give more information as to what you are referring to? I have not noticed this change between versions. Thanks.
The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.

— Arthur C. Clarke
markmetcalfemm
Propeller Head

Post by markmetcalfemm »

See image. Oops I didn't crop the bubble text properly!! (It is hard getting a screen capture of a screen capture program!)
In Version 5, when I let go of the crop band, I got anchors that I could use to resize the red crop box to the exact pixel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markmetcalfemm
Propeller Head

Post by markmetcalfemm »

Here is a Capture Region image with the anchors, to which I am referring. I used to have this in cropping in Version 5. At least now I think I did. I may have to go back and install V5 to see it, but otherwise it is a false memory!

P.S. Images captured with SnagIt. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markmetcalfemm
Propeller Head

Post by markmetcalfemm »

I found my license information for Capture 5 and reinstalled it. I wasn't hallucinating. :-)

Bug report submitted.
alaltenburg
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by alaltenburg »

Apparently this whole time I thought I was using the latest version. Instead I am back on version 3.0.16. OOPS! I must get on to installing the updates. At least I'm on Madcap 7 ;-)
The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.

— Arthur C. Clarke
markmetcalfemm
Propeller Head

Post by markmetcalfemm »

Here's the thing: you may be able to get by with older versions of Word and FrameMaker, but if you want to take advantage of some new industry-leading features, you should get onto Madcap Flare 8.0 - it is worth the upgrade. The Quick Access toolbar feature is very handy (like pinning programs to the Windows 7 taskbar) - although Madcap should let you reorder the buttons after they are placed on the toolbar (like Windows 7 does). Plus HTML5 is a pretty big ADD. I'd go on, but Madcap isn't paying me to push their product. ;-)

Go ahead and install Capture 6 -IF- you still have Capture 5 (I don't know about 3!). You can have BOTH Capture 5 and 6 accessible on one system (at least until this cropping bug is figured out).

Mark