return to original image

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

return to original image

Post by cayennep »

How can I do this? I didn't think I saved, but want to go to original and don't see how to do that - tried opening the props file in capture and it will not open

I've usually deleted these, but in this case it's there and not useful - capture often uses it in a way that's not helpful, and now I can't get the original

any help appreciated, thx
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: return to original image

Post by SteveS »

I don't have access to Capture at the minute, but...

As you've rightly guessed the props file contains the original capture plus the elements (callouts etc) you've added.

If you open your saved image (ie the final version) you should be able to delete elements and 'remove' cropping by dragging the crop markers back to their original location.

If you're not able to do that, are your final image and the props file in the same folder?

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: return to original image

Post by cayennep »

SteveS wrote:I don't have access to Capture at the minute, but...

As you've rightly guessed the props file contains the original capture plus the elements (callouts etc) you've added.

If you open your saved image (ie the final version) you should be able to delete elements and 'remove' cropping by dragging the crop markers back to their original location.

>>> wasn't that kinda thing, neither callouts nor cropping, and wasn't able to delete

If you're not able to do that, are your final image and the props file in the same folder?
>>>> yup

HTH
I think I'm just gonna give up trying to do any image editing in Capture - apart from the things I know it _can_ do

thx tho