Image Cature 5 with condition does not work Capture 6

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
wilma
Propeller Head

Image Cature 5 with condition does not work Capture 6

Post by wilma »

Hello to eveyone,.
I've done a lot of tests before to write this post. Here is the final problem:
-We had a project in Flare 7 and capture 5. We had images with a layer for English and a layer for italian conditioned. Everthing worked perfectly. I compiled an Englis PDF with english images and so on.
-now we have a new release of the product. We work with Flare 8 and Capture 6. New images done with Capture 6 or old images changed In capture 6 or 5 does not works. In one condition they display the image in the lower layer twice! (i.e.: italian and italian)

Here is the process:
- I create an empty project with two condition ENG and ITA
- I create a new image, saved in the project, condition ITA true (coming from the project of course). The same done for the english image
- Then I create a new image calledd "all", insert image ITA and image ENG, saved the image in the project, closed.
- I oper the "all" image, conditions are there I do not select any. I just go into the layers and I condition image ENG to condition ENG and image ITA to conditin ITA.
- I save the "all" image.
Here is the image correctly layered:

- I insert the image in Flare. here is the image inserted in Flare:

- I compile the project with ITA checked: I see the italian image twice: one in the ITA layer and one in the ENG layer. Here is:
BUT.. if I create a new target with condition ENG selected and ITA unselected here is that works!

While if in the same project I just insert an old one it works perfectly for both conditions. But if I open the old one with Capture 5 or 6 and I move of some pixel one image and I save with another name...it does not work anymore...
I've compared with winmerge the two pros files: the old one and the new one and there are no significant chacnge a part those related to some pixel displacement.

I hope you can help me I've to deliver the projct with 50 images..
Thank you
Vilma Zamboli
http://www.writec.com
wilma
Propeller Head

Re: Image Cature 5 with condition does not work Capture 6

Post by wilma »

Hi all
at the end, after a lot of tests, I discovered that:
- the two layered images must be the same size. Capture just moves one image on top without hiding the other. So, if sizes are different the result is messy.
- Capture (maybe the V6...not sure) saves both images the first time in the background of the layered image, so you have three images: in the backgroud the image build with the two flattered images, then the image in layer one, then the image in layer two. This behaviuou is something that in Capture V5 is not happen.

So we have decided to redo all the layered images with Capture V5. In this way conditions work. One new image in which I inserted two old images and then a new props file wrote.

Same procedure done with Capute V6 (both version are installed on my PC) produces a layered image that does not work.
Vilma Zamboli
http://www.writec.com