Unwanted Black Backgrounds

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
GarrettDRussell
Propeller Head

Unwanted Black Backgrounds

Post by GarrettDRussell »

I have created a few image files that I want to have a transparent background so I can layer them on a company logo. When I save the image as a GIF or PNG (because they support transparency) they save perfectly fine with a transparent background and I can layer them onto our company logo.

When I open these files to edit in the future, they open with a black background. So I close them out without saving and THEY SAVE WITH A BLACK BACKGROUND simply because I opened them up again. It has now ruined my image and I can't even edit this image any longer because it opens in Capture with a black background. What gives? Is it user error? Is it a glaring weakness of this program?

This is terribly disheartening and Capture is the only reason my company has continued to work with Photoshop.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unwanted Black Backgrounds

Post by doc_guy »

Try opening the .props file that has the same filename as the image and see if there is a setting in the xml that is causing the image to be black. Maybe you could reset that to something else to restore transparency. Just a thought.

I also have Photoshop (Fireworks would work too) b/c Capture isn't really an image editing tool. It's a screen capture tool. And it is a fraction of the price of Photoshop. :)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog