Recapture functionality disabled

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
ILWriter
Propeller Head

Recapture functionality disabled

Post by ILWriter »

Just found out that our UI is changing two days before a documentation deadline. Since I've used Capture for all my screenshots, I wasn't worried at all - I'd just go in and click "recapture" on the few images that needed to change and be done. But...

When I open the images to edit in Capture, every one has "recapture" grayed-out and un-clickable. These are screen captures that I have already recaptured at one point in time a while ago. However, all of a sudden, they now do not have that functionality.

I will say that recently the project has undergone some changes, including:
1. Standardizing the names of all images (all image names were changed)
2. Moving the location of the project

Did any of these changes affect my ability to use recapture? And either way, what are my options now? Replace doesn't seem like a good option, since it forces me to save a file out somewhere and then replace. Is there a way to replace by taking another screen capture, sort of like the Recapture functionality? This could potentially cause a huge headache with such a tight deadline.

Thanks in advanced for any advice.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Recapture functionality disabled

Post by doc_guy »

When you renamed the files, what did you do with the .props files in the same directory? Did you rename them as well with the new file names?

If you didn't, then Capture lost the link to the data file that told it all the information it needed to do a re-capture action.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

ILWriter
Propeller Head

Post by ILWriter »

Thank You! The .prop files had been renamed, but the individual who moved the project did not move the .prop files over with the entire project. I simply imported them and it seems things are working as they should. Thanks for the help.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

YAY. I'm glad it helped.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog