How can I find the schema used for .props files?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
kathryngz
Propeller Head

How can I find the schema used for .props files?

Post by kathryngz »

Our translation house is asking for the schema. I assume it's not MadCap.xsd, but I could be wrong. Anyone know?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How can I find the schema used for .props files?

Post by Nita Beck »

I've pinged a Flare localization expert I know. Maybe she can enlighten us.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
alt_jennifer
Propeller Head

Post by alt_jennifer »

Hello!

Nita, thanks for the ping. Honestly, I'm not sure where the schema is for the .props files, or if one even exists. The .props files don't reference an .xsd file, like the html files do. And none of the .xsd files in the Capture program files seem to have the right set of tags.

When we started translating .props files, we created our own custom filter for the translation tool, just based on the structure of the file. No schema needed. Most translation tools allow you to setup that custom filter based on a schema file, but I've never done that approach since I've never needed to. (Most also allow you to setup your own custom filter manually, like we do, but not all translation vendors understand how to do that.)

You might be able to ask MadCap Support if they can provide you with the schema.
Jennifer Schudel
Localization Manager/Flare Operator
Advanced Language Translation / http://www.advancedlanguage.com
* MadCap Recommended Translation Vendor *
kathryngz
Propeller Head

Post by kathryngz »

Thank you for the information, Nita and Jennifer. In the files props files I've created so far, only the <shape> tags have contained text for translation. I suspect those are the only tags, but without a schema, I can't tell for sure. Good idea to contact Support--I'll let you know what I find out.