Annoying Black Background No Matter What I Do

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Annoying Black Background No Matter What I Do

Post by Michael Cohen »

Every time I create a new image with callouts in Capture, the background ends up being black once I save the file. Doesn't matter what file format I save it as (I've tried bmp, jpeg, png), as soon as I select the image, which looks normal in Capture, in Flare the image has a black background.

Is there some profile setting that I'm missing that controls this? I'm completely lost in trying to correct this problem. Happens every time, regardless of whether I create the image from a screen capture or use a different capture tool and copy and paste into Capture.

I'm on a standard PC running Windows 7. I have to use Capture because the alternative would be to completely remake over a dozen complex images with callouts using another capture tool or Photoshop, which I don't have time to do.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Annoying Black Background No Matter What I Do

Post by Nita Beck »

In Capture, open the image's File Properties window and check the Appearance tab, Background. Is the black being set there?

Also, given that you say that this is happening for all of your images, I'd check to see if a profile is being applied and whether that black background has been defined in that profile.You might want either to edit the profile or to detach the profile from individual images. (Fair warning that, if a profile is indeed being applied, there might be other settings besides the background that are affecting the image(s) and that you may not want to jettison.)

More here on profiles: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/captu ... ofiles.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Re: Annoying Black Background No Matter What I Do

Post by Michael Cohen »

That did the trick, thanks!