Can you capture the mouse pointer in Capture 7?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture

Can you capture the mouse pointer in Capture 7?

Postby BrianBAtCeres on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 am

Hi,

I've been trying to find if you can capture the mouse pointer like you can in SnagIt in Capture 7. I've looked through the docs but I couldn't find anything. :( I searched through the forums and found the following thread:

https://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10307

However, that appears to be for an earlier version of Capture since the instructions don't match the options I have (i.e., there is no Tools button on my ribbon).I also looked through the Profile editor and couldn't find anything there either. Is it possible or do I need another screen capture program like SnagIt?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

ETA:

I found a way to do it manually by selecting Object -> Objects -> Graphics -> Cursor and then setting the transparency to 100%. Hopefully, you can still do it automatically. :?
:flare: MadCap Flare v11, :capture: MadCap Capture v7
BrianBAtCeres
Propeller Head

Re: Can you capture the mouse pointer in Capture 7?

Postby atomdocs on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Brian

In Capture 7 you can find it in File > Options > Capture tab.

The other method that you found is also a good way to include the cursor - I use that method a lot rather than dig into the options each time to switch the cursor on or off.

It would be good if you could set the include cursor option in a profile, but it doesn't seem to be available. You can create a profile that automatically adds the cursor icon to any image that you capture using that profile - you then just need to position the cursor after the capture, but it's not really much of a timesaver.
Tom
Flare 2019, Capture 7
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Can you capture the mouse pointer in Capture 7?

Postby BrianBAtCeres on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks atomdocs! :D I keep forgetting about that tiny Options button in the File menu. I sure wish MadCap would make it more prominent in Flare and Capture. (For example, moving it to the left panel of the File menu and giving it a large icon.)

Brian
:flare: MadCap Flare v11, :capture: MadCap Capture v7
BrianBAtCeres
Propeller Head

Return to Capture's General Discussion