How to automatically resize image to 100% margin width?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
EFRoselli
Jr. Propeller Head

How to automatically resize image to 100% margin width?

Post by EFRoselli »

I'm new to Capture so forgive me if this is obvious.

I've learned that I can use a Profile in Capture to make it capture images in a specific way, for example, resizing them all to 70% of their original size and adding a shadow.

What I'd like to do, is not resize them in relation to their original size, but in relation to the place where I want them to go, on the page for print output.

Currently, I'm doing this from within Flare. The Image Properties has a Size tab, under which I can configure the Maximum Size to Length > 100%. This works nicely, ensuring that I don't have an enormous image that I have to struggle with to find a corner and pull it into the page.

But there is the inconvenience that I have to do this individually foe each new image I capture. I thought the whole point was to get this automated. What am I missing?

Thanks,

EFR
Daniel Ferguson
Propeller Head

Re: How to automatically resize image to 100% margin width?

Post by Daniel Ferguson »

One way to accomplish this is to set the max-width property on the images in the stylesheet in Flare. In the code view, it would look something like this:

@media print
{
img
{
max-width: 70%;
}
}

This setting will constrain all images to take up only 70% of the total width available to the image in the print output.

If you don't like working in code, open the stylesheet in the stylesheet editor, select the Print medium from the local toolbar, choose the img style, and then set the max-width property.
Daniel Ferguson
Certified Flare Trainer & Consultant
smartoutput.com