Capture Crashed with a General Exceptio when Saving an Image

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
netwrk219
Propeller Head

Capture Crashed with a General Exceptio when Saving an Image

Post by netwrk219 »

I brought an image into Capture 7 from Flare 2017 to crop it. I made the crop and when I save the image, I get a general exception and I can't do anything with the image until I close Flare. It crashed everything and I am not sure why. This happens semi regularly and I have been reporting it to Madcap through their send report tool, but have not received a reply (not that I really thought I would).

I thought I'd post screen caps of the error details in the hope that someone else has run into this.
03.PNG
02.PNG
01.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith S.

“Most of us find our own voices only after we’ve sounded like a lot of other people.” –Neil Gaiman
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Capture Crashed with a General Exceptio when Saving an I

Post by BedfordWriter »

GDI+ is a Windows utility, not Madcap's. Could be something in Capture going wrong to trigger it, but I'd look at the computer first. Can you put a trial version on another machine (Windows 10 perhaps) and try the image there?
netwrk219
Propeller Head

Re: Capture Crashed with a General Exceptio when Saving an I

Post by netwrk219 »

Sorry for the long delay since your reply, but I was working with our IT department, Madcap Flare Support and it appears that it might have been a resources issue. MadCap support kept pointing to Adobe, (even though I worked with them by giving them remote access to my system and proved Adobe wasn't running), and were not as helpful as I would have liked, considering we pay for support. I worked with one of our IT gurus and we determined the most likely culprit was resources. We went through logs and found this error had been occurring behind the scenes with a few of my other media editing tools, but Flash was the one that would crash.

So it indeed looks like it was a windows error. My IT department has set me up with a MacBook Pro and a VMWARE VDI setup so I can run Flare on it, do my image, video and audio editing on the mac side and share files between the two. I've been testing the new setup for a week and it's been smooth.

Thank you for your help.
Keith S.

“Most of us find our own voices only after we’ve sounded like a lot of other people.” –Neil Gaiman