Annotation text too bold

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
EileenP
Propeller Head

Annotation text too bold

Post by EileenP »

Hi, please see attached file. The annotation text looks fine in Capture but it is far too bold in Flare. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I checked the Font tab of the annotation properties, and there is nothing selected there. Even if I selected Arial 10-pt or whatever, nothing changes. ???

In addition, even if I want some of the text to be bolded, and select it and bold it in the Rich Text tab of the annotation properties, the text is not bolded. Instead, Capture crashes when I try to save the image. Every. Time.

Any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Annotation text too bold

Post by atomdocs »

Hi Eileen. You haven't done anything wrong, it's a bug. (Details here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12293)

As a workaround, give your callouts a solid background instead of transparent - it's the transparency attribute directly on the canvas (checkerboard) that causes the problem.

Alternatively, add a blank rectangle with a solid color over each callout (using your background color in the final output, presumably white). Size the rectangle so that it covers the callout text, then use the Sink To Bottom command. That should fix it.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
EileenP
Propeller Head

Re: Annotation text too bold

Post by EileenP »

Thank you, Tom. I had already found a workaround (manually inserting text boxes on an image without text). But good to know.