Tiny Icons and Overlapping Settings Fields

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
spatte22
Propeller Head

Tiny Icons and Overlapping Settings Fields

Post by spatte22 »

(Sorry for the ginormous screenshots :P)

Edit: I found this page viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27784&p=130870&hil ... ns#p130870 which might help me out, but I don't think it addresses my other issue - if it's an issue at all - regarding the inability to smoothly move things (such as boxes that I create) around on an image. Maybe that's just a Capture thing, maybe it's an actual issue with resolution.... I'm not sure :P

Hi everyone,

I submitted a bug report regarding this issue, but I'm also wondering if anyone here has encountered it before. These two screenshots show that my tool icons are super tiny and that certain fields in my settings box overlap each other and are also tiny. When install (and re-install) my version of Capture (it also affects Flare, but not as severe), I do not use any custom settings, everything is standard, so I'm thinking that maybe it's some type of bug?
Bug1.jpg
Bug2.jpg

Additionally, I have one more issue that might be related; let me use an example to explain it. Let's say I'm editing an image, and I draw a box around something. When I move that box around the image, I do not seem to have a smooth, granular movement of the box, it seems to jump around in large increments - maybe as large as a full centimeter. This causes an issue in that I cannot , for example, outline something on my image unless I initially draw the box exactly where I need it. However, even if I draw the box exactly where I need it, if I need to, for example, create another numbered square exactly in the corner of the first box, if I need to move it around at all to get a seamless position, the inability to move things in small increments means that I cannot line up to items exactly.

I think that these two issues are maybe connected somehow, but am not certain how. I wonder if it is not a bug with Capture (and Flare) themselves, it almost feels like I have a pixel or resolution issue with my monitors (I have 3 monitors with 2 different sizes).

Any input? I'd appreciate it very much! Thanks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Tiny Icons and Overlapping Settings Fields

Post by atomdocs »

It does sound like a display/resolution issue. Are your displays set to the recommended resolution for each display, and is Windows set to 100% scaling?

There is a snap to grid setting that will make dragging objects jerky, but in a regular way. You can turn this on and off in the Grid menu in the lower toolbar.

You can also use the arrow keys to nudge selected objects 1 pixel. I use this a lot to fine-tune positioning. Doesn't fix your main problem, but maybe it helps as a workaround.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
Lance_Moore
Propeller Head

Post by Lance_Moore »

I have this issue now, ever since I got a new Windows machine last month. It is really hard to work. I have two monitors, both set to their recommended resolutions, and looking equally awful. Help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olle
Propeller Head

Post by olle »

Here the same, this is very annoying. Can this be fixed, please?