Capture minimize button closes the application

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Capture minimize button closes the application

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Hi,

When I click the minimize button in Capture instead of minimizing the application Capture closes. When I reopen Capture I get the following error message.
Capture-error040519.PNG
Fortunately, after clicking OK Capture operates normally. Has anyone else seen this? (I am running Capture 7.0.0 on Windows 10.) No other application (including Flare and Mimic) does this. I have just filed a bug report (Case 151033) on this issue.

Thanks,
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Re: Capture minimize button closes the application

I found some more odd behavior with Capture. For example, if I open up Task Manager I see the following:
Capture-task-manager-error040519.PNG
However, if I look at the Taskbar it shows that Capture is not running.
Capture-task-bar-error040519.PNG
Also, if I press Alt-Tab I don't see Capture at all. :?

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by atomdocs »

There's a setting on the General tab of the Option dialog box: Minimize to System Tray. It sounds like that is selected. You can clear the checkbox and Capture will behave normally. If this option is selected, Capture minimizes to the system tray and the Capture icon on the task bar does indeed "deactivate". But Capture is still running and you can trigger a capture using the hotkeys. Capture will then pop-up with your capture.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Thanks atomdocs, that did it!

Brian