Text rectangle will not resize

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
purrplexity
Propeller Head

Text rectangle will not resize

Post by purrplexity »

I am trying to adjust the size of a text rectangle in which I have 10pt Tahoma text. Capture won't let me make the box any smaller than 18px. All of my padding is set to zero and I can't seem to find anything that would suggest that my box needs to be no smaller than 18px? If I adjust the size of the text to 9pt, I can make the box a bit smaller, but I need it to be 10pt so it matches the rest of the image. Is there some sort of underlying style working against me here?
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Text rectangle will not resize

Post by atomdocs »

I don't think it is possible. I think Capture sets a minimum limit so that it can display the text. That limit seems to include some breathing space top and bottom, perhaps so that multiple lines don't touch, but also to account for letters with descenders. For example a word with a capital letter, an "l" and a "y" would cover more than 10 points vertically, even when the text is set to 10pt.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
kjordan
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Text rectangle will not resize

Post by kjordan »

I have encountered the same issue since I 'upgraded' to Capture 7, and have not yet found a workaround.

There was no minimum limit on Capture 6, so I do not know if this change for Capture 7 was purposeful or a byproduct of another change. I would not expect for there to be padding or other styles that cannot be modified with MadCap products, even if the modification resulted in odd display.

Either way, it will take many hours for my department to update all of our images to accommodate it.