How to draw a transparent rectangle?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
JoeWeinmunson
Propeller Head

How to draw a transparent rectangle?

Post by JoeWeinmunson »

Since I am using Flare more and more at work I figured I would also start using Capture for screenshots. I'm scratching my head trying to accomplish one of the things that needs doing most often. I just want to draw a colored rectangle around a user interface item, but when I do so the rectangle area is white--hiding the element I am trying to highlight. I've spent 15 minutes now searching for help on this, both within the program and online. What am I missing here?
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How to draw a transparent rectangle?

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

draw a rectangle with Capture, open its properties, and choose (Default) or (transparent) for Fill start (see attached screenshot).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to draw a transparent rectangle?

Post by Nita Beck »

(Caveat: I'm going on memory...)

Open the rectangle's properties. On the Appearance (I think) tab, you'll see that there are a couple of controls in the upper left. I think you need to select "Solid" and then set the color to transparent. That should do it. Once you get the rectangle the way you want it, I suggest that you add it to the palette.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!