Capture crashes when using languages with special characters

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Lucia9
Jr. Propeller Head

Capture crashes when using languages with special characters

Post by Lucia9 »

Hi,

I've seen Capture crashing due to an array of reasons, most of them can be fixed easily. However, when I try to to edit an annotation using special characters, such as ľ, š, č or others which make up certain languages, Capture crashes when I leave the editing box. It doesn't matter if I use a template from my palette or a system default.

The error I get is this: value of '0' is not valid for 'emsize'. 'emsize' should be greater than 0 and less than or equal to system.single.maxvalue. parameter name: emsize , which isn't helpful at all. only now I realise that certain special characters are slightly wider / larger because of the additional symbols. Which may or may not be connected to the error message, I have no idea.

If I edit the annotations in simple characters (ones used in English), it works fine. Obviously, if you edit images for a certain locale, you can't just NOT use these characters. So using only simplified characters is not an option.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Lucia
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Capture crashes when using languages with special charac

Post by SteveS »

Hi Lucia,

Welcome to the forums.

While I don't have an answer, I'd suggest you log a bug report. You can log one using the URL https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.