No bullets

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

No bullets

Post by parsonsv »

What is your solution for bullets in text boxes in Capture? I can't find them anywhere, so I can only assume it's not possible. Using a dash before each line doesn't give me a very good alignment (no hanging indent), and forcing a return and pressing the space key doesn't align the "hanging" indent very well. Any thoughts?
Victoria Clarke
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Re: No bullets

Post by DavidJGross »

My solution is a terrible one. I put each bulleted item into it's own text box, use the insert image feature to put in bullet next to it, and align the individual boxes.

I have to admit that I am very frustrating with MadCap about their capture software because it has SO MUCH potential (for instance the ability to put a snippet into an image would be fantastic), but they haven't bothered to update it since 2015. At this point I'm considering getting my company to buy a third-party product, but I'd rather have some of the native capabilities, so I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

DavidJGross wrote:My solution is a terrible one. I put each bulleted item into it's own text box, use the insert image feature to put in bullet next to it, and align the individual boxes.

I have to admit that I am very frustrating with MadCap about their capture software because it has SO MUCH potential (for instance the ability to put a snippet into an image would be fantastic), but they haven't bothered to update it since 2015. At this point I'm considering getting my company to buy a third-party product, but I'd rather have some of the native capabilities, so I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.
Snagit from Techsmith. No more needs to be said.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
DavidJGross
Propeller Head

Post by DavidJGross »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:
DavidJGross wrote:My solution is a terrible one. I put each bulleted item into it's own text box, use the insert image feature to put in bullet next to it, and align the individual boxes.

Snagit from Techsmith. No more needs to be said.
Oh contraire mon ami. The one other thing that needs to be said is that Madcap Pretends to support this product, but they really don't. They should just admit that they are done with it, so that I can tell my company that Madcap isn't supporting their product and then have a strong argument for getting something else.

That said, I think that's the way I'm going to go.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by parsonsv »

Fair enough. I wish they would support it though because the integration between the images and the software is excellent. It's so easy to update images without needing to search for where they are. It's sad if they are letting it go. I do have access to so many other image software tools, including snag-it and the entire Adobe suite, but the integration is such a time saver.... sigh
Victoria Clarke