Error when trying to save certain captures

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Gene K
Propeller Head

Error when trying to save certain captures

Post by Gene K »

I'm running into a "crash" error when trying to save certain images in Capture (the quotes are because the program doesn't actually crash).
  • The error pops up several times in a row.
  • It repeatedly prompts me to discard all changes, though I can click 'No' and it will eventually save the changes.
  • Restarting Flare/Capture, killing them through Task Manager, and restarting my computer don't seem to work consistently.
  • This only happens with some images, though I have no idea what the difference is or could be (I'm making the exact same kinds of edits to all of them - adding a screen tip, alt text, and shapes for markup).
Does anyone have any idea what causes this? It seems to start happening at random and I have no idea how to make it stop.
  1. My current workaround is using 'Save As' and simply replacing the original image. This bypasses the error, but it's extra clicks and I'd really rather be able to use Ctrl + S.
  2. Waiting for MadCap to fix any related bugs won't help me; our maintenance is expired and my employer isn't going to be renewing it anytime soon.
If anyone here has any experience with this and can offer any tips, that'd be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.