Suddenly slow

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Suddenly slow

Post by KevinDAmery »

I've been using Capture 2.0 for the last couple of days, and had something odd happen this afternoon. Previously, it was operating normally, then out of the blue it suddenly started taking fooooorrrrreeeeeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrrreeeeee to save an image--like several minutes between clicking Save and actually getting the save dialog. Even a system restart had no effect.

The only other clue I can see is that it happened when I was capturing a browser window that had a flash movie in it, but since then the symptoms continue even when capturing static material.

Also, nothing has changed in the PC (i.e. nothing installed or updated) between the time it was working normally and the time it went into never never land, so I'm not inclined to think it's a .NET installation problem.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Suddenly slow

Post by SteveS »

Obvious one - reboot. But you did thay already, I'm guessin' :wink:

If you're certain nothing has changed in the machine - automatic updates and it is Tuesdy (Wednesday here in Oz) when the auto updates flow through _ try deleting the image and the .props file that caused the problem. You could also delete the Capture registry file (backup the registry first etc. etc.) and see if re-registration helps.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.