Type 1 font support?

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Type 1 font support?

Post by Nita Beck »

Forgive me if I am about to ask a naive question...

So I'm taking a serious look at (finally) using Capture for screen images with callouts. For one client, I write user manuals that are printed on an honest-to-goodness-printing-press and shipped with the shrink-wrapped software. For branding purposes, I am required to use their corporate serif and sans serif fonts, which are Type 1 fonts.

In playing around with callouts in Capture 3, I see that none of my installed Type 1 fonts appear on the list of fonts. Should I assume that Capture doesn't support Type 1 fonts? If so, bummer... (at least for this client's work).

Nita
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Type 1 font support?

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Capture pulls its font list from the Windows Font directory, and if its not displayed in Capture then its not possible for Capture to use the font.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I've got a number of Type 1 fonts installed in the Windows Fonts folder on my XP laptop and my Vista desktop computer. Word can find them, PowerPoint can find them. Capture can't find them, and I just confirmed that Flare can't either.

So is this a bug, or am I not understanding something, or does Capture (and Flare, et al) not support Type 1 fonts?
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Not at this time, Great feature suggestion
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

While you're writing up your feature addition, Rick, you should prolly add OTF fonts as well (since they're getting more common these days).
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare