V3 - Can't get the Flare Print Format to work

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
McCarthy
Propeller Head

V3 - Can't get the Flare Print Format to work

Post by McCarthy »

Hi,

I must be missing something completely obvious here. I right click the large image in Flare and selected edit with Capture. In capture, I enable flare print format and set the size to 1 inch by 1 inch to test it (the original size is about 5in x 5 in). I saved and went back into Flare, but couldn't see any size difference with the Print medium selected. So I generated the PDF and still the image is the original 5 x 5, and off the page.

Like I said, I must be missing something totally easy...can anybody help?

thanks,
Flare 4.2
Certified Mad for Flare
Windows XP
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: V3 - Can't get the Flare Print Format to work

Post by mattf »

Hi McCarthy,
I notice not a peep on your issue in three months. I'm having the same issue. I selected "Enable Print Format" and chose 300 for the Print DPI, but nothing changed in the output. Did you get any resolution?

-Matt
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
McCarthy
Propeller Head

Post by McCarthy »

mattf wrote:Hi McCarthy,
I notice not a peep on your issue in three months. I'm having the same issue. I selected "Enable Print Format" and chose 300 for the Print DPI, but nothing changed in the output. Did you get any resolution?

-Matt
Hi Matt,

Well actually I've got it working now. Probably should have updated the last post. I'm not sure if the update to Flare 4.1 did the trick or not. Are you able to update?
Flare 4.2
Certified Mad for Flare
Windows XP
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Hi McCarthy,

I am already updated to 4.1 (I forgot to update my signature). After beating on it for awhile I realized that I had saved my image (from Capture) in a local drive on my computer, which meant that that's also where the .props file was. Once you "insert", Flare keeps a copy of the image in the project's Content/Images folder, but the .props file remains wherever it was created. Once I reunited the .props file with its image, all was sweetness and light. So. Driver error (rats!).

I'm still unsure as to the best practices/best workflow for editing images that already have a .props file associated. I've been copying them both to the desktop (or a local directory), doing whatever editing, then copying them both back, which is a lot of extra shipping but it works.

Glad you got straightened out. Thanks for the response.

Matt
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

mattf wrote:I'm still unsure as to the best practices/best workflow for editing images that already have a .props file associated. I've been copying them both to the desktop (or a local directory), doing whatever editing, then copying them both back, which is a lot of extra shipping but it works.

Glad you got straightened out. Thanks for the response.

Matt
Hey, Matt,

What I do is have Capture save files directly into the appropriate Flare project folder. That way, the props file is always accessible. The only drawback is, this means that the props files are included in your project, so if you don't want to include them in your final output you'll have to conditionalize them out - but I think it's worth it to do that once to make Flare and Capture play together well.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

McCarthy wrote:I right click the large image in Flare and selected edit with Capture. In capture, I enable flare print format and set the size to 1 inch by 1 inch to test it (the original size is about 5in x 5 in). I saved and went back into Flare, but couldn't see any size difference with the Print medium selected. So I generated the PDF and still the image is the original 5 x 5, and off the page.
What's the medium you've set for your PDF target?

the Flare Print Format in Capture works only if your medium is 'print'.
so it cannot be 'print2', printOnly or anything else.

for your PDF target, set the medium 'print' in your stylesheet...
44 Capture.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder