Error and crash

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Error and crash

Post by pdxwordsmith »

I was humming along, capturing images - I think there were 19 on the clipboard. I tried to run another "last capture region" and got an error and Capture crashed with an unhandled exception.

Restart (nothing on the clipboard). Now when I try to capture a region, it seems to work (I get the OK button), but when Capture goes to display the image, I get this error:

Failed to run command "Capture Region".
Exception:
Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed.

More info: I selected Options and deselected Automatically Send Captured Image to Clipboard. Click OK. Error still happening, so I check the setting again - the option is selected! Hmmm....

Anyone else experience this?

Capture v 3.0.16.
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Error and crash

Post by pdxwordsmith »

I think Windoze was confused. I rebooted and all seems better now. I wonder if perhaps there was too much on the clipboard. If that was the case, maybe Capture's error message should indicate something like that?
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

MadCap's error messages are about the worst I ever seen in a software product. It got marginally better over time, but typically it is as informative as a BSOD. I recommend you add a feature request. Maybe if we bug them enough they finally add some quality in that area.
owenf
Propeller Head

Post by owenf »

this may or may not be related to the original poster's problem, but it is a fix i accidentally discovered to a similar issue i had. i found this thread while hunting for a fix, so why not post it here?

When i repeatedly get the error "Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed" in capture, i thought perhaps it could be similar to when i get copy failed type errors in Flare, while I am running notetab lite as a pasteboard.

so i went hunting through my active applications and what do you know, stopping skitch was the fix. I think what is happening is that Skitch and Capture are both trying to grab the clipboard when i do a copy; same is happening between flare and notetab. Workaround is to stop the other clipboard controlling applications.

hope this helps someone

owen