rectangle settings (hidden shape + no outline)

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

rectangle settings (hidden shape + no outline)

Post by MC Hammer »

Hello
I have been using Flare for a while and my company bought a copy of Capture that I have just started to use (version 3).
I would like to add some text to some screenshots but only seem to be able to do so by creating a shape (bubble or rectangle).
My screenshot has got a lot of different colours on it and ideally, I would just like to see the text displayed and the shape hidden (no outline and transparent background). When I select a line width of 0 for the Line (Appearance tab), I would expect to have no outline for my rectangle. However this is not the case. I have read in the Help that I must ensure that no background colour is being used. What does that mean? (I do not understand what settings I need to use for the Fill Start and the Fill End colours or if I should leave these as they are by default).
Not sure if this is a know issue or me not configuring the shape properly.
Thanks in advance.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: rectangle settings (hidden shape + no outline)

Post by NorthEast »

You could alternatively use a text box instead of a bubble, but the same settings apply to both:

- Set Fill Start to (transparent), and Fill End to (Default).
- Setting the line width to 0 does actually work, it shows inside Capture but not in your saved image (confusing, eh?).
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: rectangle settings (hidden shape + no outline)

Post by MC Hammer »

Hi Dave
You are absolutely right! I had not noticed and was getting frustrated not to be able to get rid of these lines...
Thank you.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output