Images not refreshing (Capture holding on to old image data)

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
gwadmin
Propeller Head

Images not refreshing (Capture holding on to old image data)

Post by gwadmin »

I've started using Capture to set online/print resolutions for my images, which were not taken w/Capture.

What I'm discovering (too late) is that if I update image files in Photoshop, Capture "remembers" what the image looked like previously and still displays/prints the old version of the image -- and to get it updated I need to manually delete the .props file and reapply a profile via Capture.... Now I'm concerned that various tweaks I've made along the way aren't being reflected in the doc and that I may need to go back and mess with them all again.

Is there a way to force Capture/Flare to force-refresh the images somehow so I know it's getting the latest?
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Images not refreshing (Capture holding on to old image data)

Post by forfear »

something you might wanna get in touch with the support folks.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
gwadmin
Propeller Head

Post by gwadmin »

FYI, this is the insight from Tech Support:

Capture reads all its Image information from the props file (boxes, call outs, text, variables, conditions, crop information etc) then generates the image. Flare reads/displays the Image and only reads the props file for variables and conditions.
I do agree that you should be able to edit the images in other programs (Photoshop) and see them updated correctly, but we just dont have that error checking system in place. The only real work around is to delete the props files.

Hopefully to be included in the next version :)
sdcinvan
Propellus Maximus

Post by sdcinvan »

gwadmin wrote:FYI, this is the insight from Tech Support:

Capture reads all its Image information from the props file (boxes, call outs, text, variables, conditions, crop information etc) then generates the image. Flare reads/displays the Image and only reads the props file for variables and conditions.
I do agree that you should be able to edit the images in other programs (Photoshop) and see them updated correctly, but we just dont have that error checking system in place. The only real work around is to delete the props files.

Hopefully to be included in the next version :)
Wow! It's 2014 and this may STILL be a problem!

See my post here: http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 07#p100107
Shawn in Vancouver, Canada
Main tools used: Flare 11.x, InDesign, Google Docs, Lectora, Captivate.
Report bugs: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx ▪ Feature requests: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx[/i]