Mimic Does not show screen change

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Evetsm
Propeller Head

Mimic Does not show screen change

Post by Evetsm »

Hi,
I have Mimic 8.1 and I need to record videos explaining how to use a browser-based application my company makes. I started Mimic and chose the 'Record Movie' option. During the video I clicked a button in the application's UI that displayed a new page, then performed a few other actions, and ended the recording.

When I viewed the recording, the new page was not visible. Note: after clicking the button, there was a pause before the new page loaded in the browser.

I tried again, waiting longer before performing the other actions, thinking that would allow Mimic to become "aware" of the new page. That did not work.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!
Evetsm
Propeller Head

Re: Mimic Does not show screen change

Post by Evetsm »

To anyone else who experiences this problem also, I figured out a workaround.

1) I record and build my movie.
2) I create and build a second movie that records the screen that did not get recorded in the first movie.
3) I edit the second movie, copying (to the clipboard) the frame with the screen that did not get recorded.
4) I edit the first movie, pasting the copied frame into the correct location.
5) I build the edited version of the first movie. It is now complete.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Mimic Does not show screen change

Post by SteveS »

When you are recording a movie it is a good idea to press the Print Screen button on the keyboard before and after performing an action.

This forces a screen capture.

You should end up with a lot of duplicate captures, but it is a simple thing to delete those you don't want.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.