Quizzes/Learning Checks in Mimic

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
RichardsDaddy
Jr. Propeller Head

Quizzes/Learning Checks in Mimic

Post by RichardsDaddy »

Just need to know... can you create them, like you can in Captivate? I can't find a simple answer anywhere. If so, how do you do it? Thanks!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Quizzes/Learning Checks in Mimic

Post by RamonS »

As far as I know that is a feature missing in Mimic. It also does not produce eLearning output in any of the common standards. It is surely an area where MadCap needs to do some more work to have Mimic become a real contender in this market segment.
RichardsDaddy
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RichardsDaddy »

Thanks, @RamonS!
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Madcap Guru »

Currently Mimioc doesnt link with Scromm or other elearning, Hopefully this will be added in a future version of mimic
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
owilkes
Propeller Head

Post by owilkes »

Hi,

Do we know if/when this feature may be added to Mimic?

Just adding my 'this would be really useful' vote.

(and yes, I have submitted an enhancement request as well) :)

Thanks.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I haven't heard anything, but MadCap typically does not provide any information about future versions in case they need to pull a feature before release. Putting a decent eLearning tool together and be compatible with the various formats (such as SCORM) is a big undertaking. So if it gets done it needs to be done right. You could contact a sales person to make sure that MadCap gets the message. If Sales sees that the number of potential buyers grows then things always take on an interesting dynamic.
docudramaqueen
Propeller Head

Post by docudramaqueen »

I don't know if anyone who has posted here has found out any new information, but I've just started working in Mimic, and I was told by tech support that the capability to include quizzes was readily available in Mimic...

I haven't started buidling my first project yet, so this is just hearsay, but that's the word.
owilkes
Propeller Head

Post by owilkes »

Unfortunately, have been told the opposite by a senior manager in Flare, during a Madskillz consultancy.

The only way a quiz could work is with an image map - where depending on which option you click (area of the image map) you are taken to another page that says 'right answer' or 'wrong'.

Not exactly scorm compliant. the impression I got was - Captivate is good for some things (SCORM quizzes), Mimic for others (Conditional Text etc).

IMHO mimic is quite restricted. It is good value as part of the MadPak, but as a standalone product going toe-to-toe against Captivate, or other video capture software, it doesn't measure up as well as Flare does against its competitors.