How do I set "Press Enter"as on action?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
writer9
Propeller Head

How do I set "Press Enter"as on action?

Post by writer9 »

Hi,

I'm new to mimic and am trying to figure out how to set an action (I tried button mode, input text mode etc.) such that if I press the Enter key, it takes me to the next frame? I can do a mouse click, but that's not what I want. I want to be able to press Enter and take it to the next frame.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Rekha.
Doug Eaton
Propeller Head

Re: How do I set "Press Enter"as on action?

Post by Doug Eaton »

writer9 wrote:I'm ...trying to ... set an action (I tried button mode, input text mode etc.) such that if I press the Enter key, it takes me to the next frame....
As far as I can tell (with the exception of entering data through the Input Box Mode), Mimic is designed to facilitate on-screen interactions only. Adding "Enter Key" functionality would be a useful feature, but, of course, you would have to say it/spell it out in your movie for the viewer to know what was happening.
writer9
Propeller Head

Post by writer9 »

You can do the same thing using the Forward/Backward buttons, but a couple of engineers requested this feature (so they don't have to be mousing around) and I've filed a bug as a request.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

The entire concept of eLearning is amiss in Mimic. If MadCap wants Mimic to be a must have in a TW's tool box they have to add this, especially when they want to compete with Craptivate.