Convert generated rectangles to move-to-next frame buttons?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Convert generated rectangles to move-to-next frame buttons?

Post by nickatwork »

Hi all,
Weird title but I couldnt quite think of how to word it.
Anyway, I'm recroding a bunch of short clips and I just started playing around with the 'interactive' side of it where the frame waits for a user to click a specific area before it continues on. i.e. user has to click OK for the next screen to come up.

I can do this by recording my clip, then adding buttons with a action of 'move to next'. This works, but it seems like a long way round. When I initially record the clip the mouse trajectory is there, and mimic generates or inserts a rectangle to the screen. But this is with a Condition that mimic places in there called 'Practice' no matter what I do I cant get rid of this condition - I remove it in the properties but it still shows as assigned in the timeline.

What I'd like to do is record my clip, with mouse trajectories etc, select a few frames where I want the user to do the clicking, remove the mouse trajectory from those frame, keep the rectangle that mimic put in and use that as the GoToNext action.

If I compare the rectangle that mimic puts in vs the one that I put in the properties are exactly the same, but the mimic added one is not working the same. Not sure if the condition staying assigned is a bug?

Is there a better work flow to do something like this that isnt so time consuming?

Thanks,
Nick