animated presentation - what's the best approach?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
lizat
Sr. Propeller Head

animated presentation - what's the best approach?

Post by lizat »

Dear Mapcaps,

I have a powerpoint presentation which is the basis of something I want to include in a Flare project. I think I need to use Mimic but am unsure. This is what I need:
  • I have a complex diagram that will build up over several pages (frames)
  • each "page" will add more and sometime remove elements from the diagram
  • it will need information bubbles
  • it may need a sound track
I know how to do this in Powerpoint, and I could just produce a powerpoint slide show that will run automatically but since Mimic has some standard tools that I will use in other movies it would be good to keep the look and feel the same. But Mimic isn't a drawing tool - nor is Powerpoint come to that but it has some usable features that are good enough - so can I make the frames in Mimic? If I use Powerpoint it will be hard to get things perfectly aligned - since it doesn't have the concept of frames; but I can't see how to do the drawing that I need to build the diagram in Mimic. I have found the Powerpoint Import and got excited because I thought it might take Powerpoint animation objects and times, but it doesn't which is a shame - although it would be quite a feat if Mimic could pull that off. The other thing I am wondering about is if I have to use Powerpoint is there any implications in terms of final movie size?

Any suggestions?
Thank you.......................... liz