Trouble previewing a movie collection beyond 1st movie

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
rqjeske
Jr. Propeller Head

Trouble previewing a movie collection beyond 1st movie

Post by rqjeske »

I'm a brand new Mimic user, literally downloaded Mimic 6 yesterday and am running the 30-day trial. Can someone please point out what I am doing wrong here...I have created a collection, and I have two movies in the collection so far. The first movie consists of just one blank frame with a few objects (2 text boxes, 2 images, and a 10 sec audio file); the text boxes and images are each timed to fly in, or fade in at a given time. The entire movie/frame runs for 10 seconds.

The 2nd movie is also simple, just consists of 1 image frame that I created by grabbing a screenshot using mimic.

So, what I want to happen is right after the first (10 sec) movie completes, I just want it to transition right to the first (and only) frame of the 2nd movie without any user action. I have tried running the preview (using all the preview options...Movie, This Frame, Start at this Frame, etc), and I cannot get the preview to get past the first (10 sec) movie...it will not progress to the 2nd movie in the collection. What am I doing wrong, or what have I not set up correctly?

I have also tried adding a button to the frame of the first movie, and I set the action for the button to "Go to specified section", and the section that I specify it to go to is the 2nd movie. And still, when I run the Preview, and click on the button after the first, 10 sec movie is over, it does nothing. The first movie (as it appears when it finishes its 10 second run) just remains in view. Now, I did also try setting the action of the button to "Go to First Frame", and when I do that and click on the button in the preview mode, it does loop around and start the 1st movie again.

Clearly, I just don't have some properties set up right for the 1st movie, or for a given object in the 1st movie...or I am not initiating the Preview correctly (?).

Instructions please....