Jump to last frame of previous movie?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
DrRocket
Jr. Propeller Head

Jump to last frame of previous movie?

Post by DrRocket »

Does anyone know of a way to have a button that jumps to the last frame of the previous movie in a project?

I have a series of movies that output as a seamless project, but it's really frustrating that the "back" buttons only work until you hit the first frame of that movie. The only option at that point is to jump all the way back to beginning of the previous movie.

But if I paste all the frames from my movies into one big movie, I lose the ability to have the dropdown list in the toolbar to jump around inside the movie.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Jump to last frame of previous movie?

Post by SteveS »

What you are looking for is gotosection.

You might find it doesn't work the way you are intending however... I think it goes to the first frame in the specified movie.

I'm not sure what you are doing, but if its what I think\, I was doing something similar.

I had a single frame movies as the start point, with buttons to start movies about various features (actually clear rectangles so the user clicked a tab as if they were using the application). Each movie ended \back at the start movie so they could explore another tab.

It enabled us to demonstrate client/ server applications without a full install, I documented using the application in the office and took the flash version with me. Worked a treat, looked like I was using the application for real.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.