What's the shortcut key to start a recording?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

What's the shortcut key to start a recording?

Post by dwag »

Just downloaded a Mimic v6 trial. Big red record button is below the bottom margin of my screen, so am forced to drag the crop upward just to see the button. According to the Help, End is the shortcut key to start a recording. But End does nothing.
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: What's the shortcut key to start a recording?

Post by nickatwork »

In my experience, End will only stop recording. When you start recording it is fine to use the mouse as Mimic will give a 3-2-1 countdown before it starts recording so you can position it where you want. Using End to finish it means you dont have a mouse trail moving off when you stop the recording.
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dwag »

Thanks very much for the response; unfortunately, with the v6 trial, I'm unable to use the red record button unless I crop a small area well up from the bottom border of the screen. If I need to crop a larger area, the record button disappears below the bottom border, and I can't get to it.

Mimic help says the shortcut key for starting a recording is End, obviously incorrect. Is there a shortcut key for starting a recording? Otherwise, I'm virtually unable to test the trial version. Thanks, again.
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by nickatwork »

I'm not sure of a shortcut button, but End certainly doesn't work for me and from the sound of it not you either. I'd report that as a bug.

As for the red button not being viewable, how is that happening? When I start a new recording it remebers my last recording size, but I usually use the Snap to Window option - if the window I'm recording is full screen then the recording box sits just above my taskbar and I can still use the red button otherwise it moves to the bottom of the recording window as it can but it is always on top. Attach a couple of screen shots so we can see what you're seeing.

Nick.
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dwag »

Thanks, again, for your willingness to consider this issue (this forum tends to be dominated by the sound of crickets).

I've attached two images: the first shows the crop borders visible with the record button nowhere in sight; the second shows the bottom crop border moved up (referee cropped out of movie) so the record button can be used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by nickatwork »

Hmmm,
I'm not too sure - I haven't seen it do that before. You could try a reinstall but I doubt that will fix it.
I'd report it as an issue, looks like you're using windows 7, that could also be an issue. I'm on XP so that might have something to do with it.
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dwag »

Yes, it's Windows 7. Thanks for the help. I'll report it and see what happens.
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dwag »

Support reports that it's an issue with the DPI setting. Can't be larger than 100%, but no way could I work all day with such a low DPI; my eyes would go batty. Anyway, support has submitted a bug report on my behalf. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posts.