Integrate HTML5 output into my Flare project

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
ThomasH
Propeller Head

Integrate HTML5 output into my Flare project

Post by ThomasH »

Hi,

I encountered a problem when I tried to use Mimics HTML5 output in our Flare project.
When I generated the HTML5 Flare output the .htm containing the video was all messed up and the links to the .css files and .js were screwed up or disappeared at all.

What I did was - I just checked all the files and folders created by mimic into subversion of my project. Beginning with the css folder down to the movie.htm file...
The movie.htm was then linked and the output was created. When I navigate to the file in my flare output everything is messed up. The video doesn't play at all and all the missing .css really shook the looks of the player.

One of the errors I get when I inspect the site with Firebug is a notice saying the attribute type="video/mp4" is not supported.
Shouldn't the browser then use the .webm file instead? At least I created both files for compatibility reasons.

I'd really appreciate any help around here!
ThomasH
Propeller Head

Re: Integrate HTML5 output into my Flare project

Post by ThomasH »

I tried another approach this time. I put my Mimic output on my webserver and not inside my flare project and just load the movie.htm inside my topic frame which works just fine. The problem is - it works fine in IE and Opera but the video doesn't play in Firefox or Chrome, so I'm guessing the problem lies with the mp4 file?

Any input? :?:
MadCapJose
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Integrate HTML5 output into my Flare project

Post by MadCapJose »

There's been a patch added to the Mimic Knowledge Base that addresses how to include the HTML5 multimedia from within the Flare project/output.

Regarding which files to generate - you can link to the individual single file .mp4 or .webm, but if you're intending the browser to display the output in Mimic's HTML5 player, its recommended that you generate all forms of HTML5 output and deploy to the server. The player is designed to load the appropriate files for the specific browser.

Mimic Patch:
http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/default.htm#cshid=PATM1000

More info on the different HTML5 output files can be found here: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/mimic ... ormats.htm