'Click' sounds at the start of cursor movement.

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Weeble
Jr. Propeller Head

'Click' sounds at the start of cursor movement.

Post by Weeble »

Any idea how to make the cursor 'click' audio sound at the end of cursor travel rather than the start?
Have I inadvertently done something to make it sound at the beginning of travel? I can't see anywhere where I can control this.

Thanks.... mike
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: 'Click' sounds at the start of cursor movement.

Post by SteveS »

Hi Mike,

Sorry about the delayed answer, this is the first opportunity I've had to open Mimic...

You can insert a sound seperate to an object by Clicking Insert Sound on the ribbon's edit tab.

Then you can edit the audio's properties much the same as any other object on the timeline, including placing at at the end of another object's animation.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Weeble
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Weeble »

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. The problem is not only one of making the sound active at the end of the cursor movement, but also stopping the sound attached to the cursor from activating at the start of cursor movement.
I can see that I can turn off the sound in the cursor's properties AUDIO tab, which is OK, but I can't find any way of controlling the timing of the audio in relation to the cursor movement -- i.e. I must have done something somehow/somewhere to reverse the sound activation. As this is applied across the whole movie it would be nice if i could reset it or turn off all cursor sounds in one place only rather than having to go through every frame and each cursor in turn.
This lack of sound activation timing control appears to be the same when attaching a sound to any permitted object.
I know I haven't used this application often, but am I missing something?

Many thanks... mike
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Hi Mike,

From what you've said I think you are dissatisified with the default behaviour of a click sound at the beginning of the movement.

This is the default behaviour, and I think you have to turn it off for each occurence. You can turn it off for one, copy it to the pallette, and use the pallette animation each time you need the object, but that is just as onerous as adjusting each one manually (your either editing or replacing with one already edited...). Deactivating sound for the entire movie wouldn't work because you'd then miss out on the manually added end click sound effect.

You could add an enhancement request for batch editing and/ or setting when the sound effect occurs during an objects time span. https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.