Using Mimic with Flare projects in source control

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Using Mimic with Flare projects in source control

Post by NorthEast »

Does anyone here use Mimic with Flare projects that are in source control?

I've been using Mimic for the last week or so, as a Flare project I'm editing contains a Mimic movie.
I added the Flare project to source control, but I've been unable to figure out the workflow for using Mimic movies in source control.

I was very surprised to find that Mimic itself doesn't have any support for source control (as in Flare). So I thought you might be able to include the Mimic movie inside the Flare project folder, but that doesn't work as Flare's source control also wants to include the Mimic output folder; and if you include the output folder, building the Flare target and Mimic movie will fail as the folder will be read-only.

Have I missed something here, or does Mimic just not integrate with Flare and source control?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Mimic with Flare projects in source control

Post by RamonS »

Looks like it doesn't integrate with source control. Agree, it is rather odd that Flare does it for a while but the rest of the suite does not. Leaves only the manual route using an external source control client. I suggest you file a feature request...although I'd consider that a bug.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Mimic with Flare projects in source control

Post by NorthEast »

Thanks, it is a bit odd, especially since Flare's source control integration has been around for a number of years now.
I thought Mimic would work like Capture, and its project files could be integrated in a Flare project, but clearly not.

Anyway, looks like I'll have to manage it in source control manually.