Having trouble getting Mimic to work at all

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
GaryUK
Propeller Head

Having trouble getting Mimic to work at all

Post by GaryUK »

I am evaluating a trial version of Mimic and it might be my total lack of experience with it, but I'm having trouble getting any meaningful output from it at all. I recorded a simple drag and drop operation and the video I got was slow, jittery and didn't even record the whole process. One drag and drop resulted in a popup window which just showed as a white box in the video. It must be something I'm doing because there are no similar complaints here.

Also, every time I record the action again it insists I save it and give it another name. Can't I just re-record the same movie?
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Having trouble getting Mimic to work at all

Post by SteveS »

One of the things I do is to press print screen whenever a screen event occurs (such as the popup) occurs to make sur I capture it properly.

When you finish recording you can select the best screenshot of each event and delete the rest.

Once you have your basic screenshots you can then use the timeline to adjust the timing. You'll find (if you're like me) when you record the movie you do things much too slowly, probably because you are concentrating to make sure you click the right objects and so on.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.