recording web application (loading view won't disappear)

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
fbader
Jr. Propeller Head

recording web application (loading view won't disappear)

Post by fbader »

I try to capture some tasks in a web application.
When I try the video mode my pc slows down and I can't reasonable use any application.
The automatic or manual mode leads to a problem that Mimic captures the frames of the application but doesn't recognize if a "loading" hint will be hide. So on nearly every screen there is this "loading" hint.

Is there a way to tell mimic to capture more frames than it would by default so I'll be able to remove the frames with the loading hint?

If this isn't possible I can't recommend mimic because for me it's not useful at all :(
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: recording web application (loading view won't disappear)

Post by SteveS »

It won't do it automatically, I think it is event triggered and if there are issues with the screen painting it might grab a shot too soon (I think that's what you're describing).

You can, however, add manual captures to the movie on the fly - use the print screen button. When the screen is how you want it to be in the movie, hit print screen, Mimic (and most other similar softyware) will add the shot.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
fbader
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: recording web application (loading view won't disappear)

Post by fbader »

Thanks for your fast reply.

This seems to be a workaround.
It's not what I expected because I need to hit the "print" button nearly every screen but your hint helps me :)