WHen recording full screen, record button disappears

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
JBrown
Propeller Head

WHen recording full screen, record button disappears

Post by JBrown »

Hi, When using MadCap Mimic latest version on windows 7 machine, and selecting to record the full screen, the record button panel is stuck below the recording window so there is no way to hit record. Hot keys don't work either along with mimic icon context menu does not display options to stop, record ect. Anyone know why the record button panel would be stuck below the recording window? Even when you grab the recording window and move it, the recording panel (with button) moves with it and goes below the visible screen.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: WHen recording full screen, record button disappears

Post by kwag_myers »

How are you setting the "full screen"? When I use Snap to Window, the control panel is inside the frame (actually, I don't even see a frame, just the control panel and the position arrows).
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Re: WHen recording full screen, record button disappears

Post by jbkalla »

kwag_myers wrote:How are you setting the "full screen"? When I use Snap to Window, the control panel is inside the frame (actually, I don't even see a frame, just the control panel and the position arrows).
I'm having a similar issue. I seem to remember I used to be able to move the control panel, but in the latest version of mimic, that's not possible. Or maybe it's because I'm using Win8.1..? Even when recording on part of the screen, my control panel is barely visible at the bottom of the screen.

In the attached screenshots, I'm attempting to record a 1920x1080px web browser on a 2560x1440px monitor.

Note: I tried to move the control panel using all sorts of modifyer keys and dragging, but nothing works. I seem to remember that working before I was on this platform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.