Cursor changes position and trajectory for no reason

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
shallowgravy
Jr. Propeller Head

Cursor changes position and trajectory for no reason

Post by shallowgravy »

So get this--I'll add a cursor to a frame, place it where I want it to start from, then go into trajectory mode to set the cursor to be at the end of the cursor's time limit. I then save my changes and go to next frame. I return to that frame later and the position of my cursor and its trajectory are all wrong. Fixing it and saving it again doesn't matter. It will mess up again and again in any frame of my movie.

What gives? What do I do to fix this? I've never seen this before.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Cursor changes position and trajectory for no reason

Post by kwag_myers »

By default, cursors are set to have continuity from one frame to another. So if you move the cursor in frame 11, the end of the cursor trajectory in frame 10 is adjusted to the new position. To fix, right-click on the cursor and disable Maintain Cursor Continuity.

If you have a cursor object that is fairly standard throughout the project, you can Set Default Look (again from the context menu) so that any new cursor objects will have mostly the same properties. Some properties, such as Rectangle Size, are not included. However, I believe Cursor Continuity is.

Also, if you have more than one object of the same type that you use a lot, like an arrow and a hand cursor, add them to the Palette so you can drag them into the frame as needed.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard