Can I a create a movie within a movie?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Can I a create a movie within a movie?

Post by Louise Bennett »

Hi all.

I'm very new to Mimic, so apologies in advance if this is a completely incorrect assumption of what Mimic can do.

Here's what I'm trying to do. It relates to training modules I've been asked to create. Create a mimic movie that has 4 different frame types. An example of one frame type might be a page with some text on the left and an image/animation/video on the right. When a user clicks on a piece of text on the left, the image/animation/video on the right appears/plays. When all text options have been exhausted, the user advances to the next frame using buttons on a master frame.

My biggest question is whether or not this is even possible in Mimic. At the moment I can't find an obvious way to achieve it.

If the answer to this is no, use Flare and embed the mimic video into a frame in a Flare topic, then that's fine, but is there some way I could bundle up the Flare topics into a video that I could upload to YouTube?

Or am I better off looking into a completely different package that specializes in training materials.

Thanks in advance, Louise.