Multiple Rollovers in one Frame

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Multiple Rollovers in one Frame

Post by MikeKatz »

If I create a rollover caption, I link a rectangle to its rollover caption and that works fine.
If I create a second rollover caption, I once again link a separate rectangle to that second caption. However, when I play the movie and move over one of the rectangles, both rectangles and rollover captions display.
Is this how the system currently works, or is there a way that they can operate independent of each other?
I have all elements on the frame set to 0 timeframe, as the user has to click a button to continue.
Mike
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Multiple Rollovers in one Frame

Post by Richard Ferrell »

What Output are you using? and are you using Mimic 1.2? or a different version? The rollover should only appear for thier inteded object.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

Richard Ferrell wrote:What Output are you using? and are you using Mimic 1.2? or a different version? The rollover should only appear for thier inteded object.
Hi Richard
I'm using 1.2.
I have tried to switch the player output to Mimic instead of Flash, but it makes no difference. It's a tiny project, I can send it if necessary.
Mike
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Hi Mike,

Can we have you open a support request for this, so that we can better Track this issue.

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks!
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

Richard Ferrell wrote:Hi Mike,

Can we have you open a support request for this, so that we can better Track this issue.

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks!
Done
Mike
pdear
Propeller Head

Post by pdear »

Hi Mike,

We’re trying to duplicate this problem. We’ve found that we can duplicate it in our copy of your project, but we can’t duplicate it in a new project.

Can you tell us the exact steps you went through to create and link the objects?

Thanks,

-- Pat
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

pdear wrote:Hi Mike,

We’re trying to duplicate this problem. We’ve found that we can duplicate it in our copy of your project, but we can’t duplicate it in a new project.

Can you tell us the exact steps you went through to create and link the objects?

Thanks,

-- Pat
Hi Pat
Before anything else, I'll try to create a new project and see what happens. Maybe it's just my workstation :D .
I won't be able to get to it today, but I'll tackle it in the morning.
I know I created a number of different rectangles and captions, set their different colors, and then copied them into MyTemplates for use in other screens. However, I think the screen they are on is where I originally created them.
One thing I did that is probably unusual is that I linked two rectangles to the first rollover I created. If that causes the bug, let me know and I won't have to waste time on trying to duplicate it tomorrow.
Is there anything on the cut and paste issue I also reported?
Mike
kivinen
Propeller Head

Post by kivinen »

Hi, I had the exact same problem when I added a rollover caption to the palette and then try to drag several to a single frame... everytime even though I had all the rollover targets specified correctly, I could not get it to work... finally I was able to get it to work, but only after having to create a totally new rollover caption for each instance in a single frame...very time consuming...

But this is definately not a single user's issue.

BR

Dave
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

kivinen wrote:Hi, I had the exact same problem when I added a rollover caption to the palette and then try to drag several to a single frame... everytime even though I had all the rollover targets specified correctly, I could not get it to work... finally I was able to get it to work, but only after having to create a totally new rollover caption for each instance in a single frame...very time consuming...

But this is definately not a single user's issue.

BR

Dave
Hi Dave
I found the sequence that causes the problem, and the developers have been able to duplicate it. In the meantime, as you have found, we need to work slower because copy and paste does not work properly.
Mike